This one from Waterpik is a very convenient option, as it is the most affordable high-pressure shower head from our list. It offers approximately 1/3 more water force than the standard units and is designed to run with the Opti Flow Technology, which specializes in high-pressure water flow. A restrictor is also included in the package for water saving purposes, and in case you do want more water pressure, you can remove it. It makes it very practical for environments with extremely low water pressure, as it can offer you a satisfying solution.
The unit has five adjustable spray settings which can offer an appropriate experience for everybody. It features slow massage, pulsating massage for tired muscles, misting spray and additional full-body massage modes. The modes could be easily changed with the spray control ring dial.
Water pressure is a major factor that can bring your shower experience to a whole new level. There are diverse tastes regarding the water pressure in the shower- some like it strong, for a massage like water spray, and some prefer a soft, rainfall-like flow. However, there are cases when a low water flow feels too inconsistent, and you want to enjoy your shower with higher pressure. There are many reasons for which the pressure could get too low in some houses. Some could include problems with the municipal water supply or even plumbing system in your house.
If you are not sure whether it’s a problem with the water supply or you might have a mineral clog blocking the water (some of the most frequent problems have to do with that, especially in areas dealing with hard water issues), contacting a plumber should solve the problem. The issue could also lie in your showerhead – it might be too old, or it might have a clog (this time somewhere in the hose, diverter mount or whatnot). Replacing your showerhead with a special high-pressure one could save you a lot of time and be effective even in cases when there is low-pressure water supplying system in your area.
Now that you know what a high-pressure shower head is, let’s get you through a list of the best high pressure shower head models, which could give you an insight about your next purchase.
Top Rated Units With Reviews
Stainless Steel High Pressure Handheld Shower Head
You can’t go wrong with a simple stainless steel handheld showerhead. A handheld showerhead made from heavy duty plastic and covered with a Chrome finish, this unit neutralizes low water pressure, lowering your consumed energy with an efficient spray performance. It includes dual flow settings, one with 2.5 and another with 1.85 gallons per minute. This way, it should offer you the realistically needed amount of water. On average, it saves around 40% more water than with the standard shower heads. It also has an adjustable setting, which allows controlling the level of water flow.
Price-wise, it is one of the cheapest alternatives you’ll find. It has terrific reviews online – people claiming they don’t want to get out of the shower thanks to this head, and other such elegies. However, do take everything with a grain of salt and be prepared to get exactly what you’re paying for. You can get 10% off by using the code GET10 – check the latest price for this showerhead here:
Handheld High Pressure Chrome Rainfall Shower Head
For people who want a more luxurious kind of experience, Handheld High Pressure Chrome Rainfall Shower Head is a unit worth checking out. This showerhead comes with a detailed instruction manual. Its showerhead is made to last long due to its brass connector and its specific round joint. You can also easily remove the flow restrictor if you feel that you have a low power or inefficient water flow and you need more. Any instructions for that can be checked out in the unit’s instruction manual, which is, for once, written in “clear English”!
Overall, this is a great quality product for its price, and it’s mandatory that you check it out if you’re looking for a handheld high-pressure showerhead.
You can shop the latest price and get an extra 10% off this unit when introducing the code GET10 at checkout here:
High Pressure Chrome Handheld Shower Head [300 Nozzles]
High Sierra is a quite innovative green product. Don’t let the 1.5 gpm fool you. Even so, it is specially designed to spray a very concentrated water flow. Many people have expressed from their proper experience, that the pressure of this high-pressure showerhead is higher than of the most 2.5 GPM heads, grace to the 300 tiny nozzles. It offers you a real unique shower experience, with a full drenching blast of water. At the same time, it can save water and energy, which could be equal around some hundreds of dollars per year. This showerhead is one of the most efficient high-pressure shower heads on the market. It features a polished chrome finish and is made of lightweight plastic, which is always a good thing for high-pressure units.
The current price for this product can be seen on this page. also, grab 10% off your purchase with the promo code GET10:
Expert Advice – High Pressure Units
If you’re still doubting whether you need to invest in a high-pressure showerhead, know that installing such a unit would have many positive effects on your overall shower experience. Some of them include:
1. You will take a shower much faster, saving time and water.
The standard shower heads use much more water than the specially designed high-pressure ones. If you want to enhance your experience, it won’t harm to install a new high-pressure shower head and feel the incredible transformation.
2. You will shower more efficiently, as high pressured water would target the specific areas on your body more accurately than their low-pressure equivalents.
The pressure shower heads often come with a lot of different features. One, for example, is that many of such heads contain diverse spray settings, which could be changed and regulated with the spray control ring to offer you a unique experience. By washing yourself with different spray modes, you can use one to wash your body more efficiently and fast and then switch to another one to just enjoy a pleasant rinse.
3. You will use your shower time to relax your muscles. Yes, the high pressure produces good massage for your muscles, which can be rewarding in everyday life. As mentioned before, many high-pressure showerheads offer different settings, which can be controlled by the simple press of a button. However, even the most common high-pressure showerhead bursts water with a high output power, which could make for an effective massage in the shower. Even if you don’t buy a super upgraded high-pressure shower head, you should be still able to offer yourself a shower massage with a simpler one.
4. Save energy and money. A very popular and crucial reason. High-pressure shower heads are famous for their water saving potential. If you decide to use one, you may feel a difference of saving some hundreds of dollars on your next water bill.
Now that you’ve familiarized yourself with the main advantages of a high-pressure showerhead, it’s time to go down to the most basic of questions: “What exactly is a high-pressure showerhead and how is it different from the usual one I have in my bathroom right now? How does it work?” The truth is high-pressure showerheads don’t use more water to accomplish their meaning – instead, they have various built-in diverse attributes for that. The legal upper limit for water for showerheads in the US is 2.5 gallons per minute, and no high-pressure showerhead will consume more than that. Besides, if you already use a non-low flow shower head at the moment, the chances are that investing in a high-pressure one will not make any difference to your water bill at all. On the contrary, depending on the model you purchase, you might even save some money with your new unit. Some of the high-pressure showerheads use special pressure chambers; others could be adjusted to spray accordingly. As you maybe have experienced before, the adjustable sprays have fewer nozzles, so the water which goes through is compressed, resulting in a higher pressure. The showerheads with pressure chamber use the chamber technique, where the passing water adds air, triggering higher pressure and forcing water to spray at a higher speed.
Some high-pressure shower heads are actually more similar in their features with low flow units. Even the technologies they use are similar – the low flow units will usually go for the pressure chamber method as well, to provide the same spray as a regular showerhead, only using up less water. The high-pressure units do the same – the only difference is that they do not decrease the amount of water used, making for a higher-than-normal pressure instead of just normal pressure.
If you became interested in the high-pressure showerheads, you might want to know how to get the perfect one to fit your needs best. Here are some tips you should consider:
1. The showerheads can be found in different shapes and are made of different materials. Most common ones are made of plastic and metal. The best plastic showerheads are made of high-quality ABS plastic. They are quite lightweight and much easier to hold than the metal ones, which is a necessity for some which use handheld showers. The metal ones are made most often from brass. These showers are famous for their very high quality, which will serve you a while and not give in to any chemical decaying, such as rust. The thing is that they may cool a little bit the out coming water, but it shouldn’t be a problem if you put quality and a longer lifespan over everything else.
2. Choosing a high-pressure showerhead according to the specific spraying patterns could be a good start. There is a lot of choice concerning high-pressure showerheads on the market. If you just need a basic high-pressure showerhead, with a couple of spraying patterns, then you can find easily one for yourself, as there are a lot of such offers. However, if you want to have a bigger range of spray patterns, you should check showerheads which offer more than three spray options. The settings may vary, as you could need a harsher bursting water setting or on the contrary, a soothing spray, which will improve your showering experience and bring it to the next level.
3. Another thing which could be taken into consideration is the restrictor. To make sure that you get the desired high pressure, you can invest in a removable restrictor. Be cautious while installing it, because it requires a little bit of attention. With the restrictor in, you will save energy and water, but you may not be astonished by the pressure that is coming from the showerhead. However, removing the restrictor is also not the best option in some cases. It can result in consuming more water, but it is worth a try if you can’t allow yourself to spend too much.
4. Any showerhead will cost you somewhere between $20 and $300, depending on the brand, features, material and much more. Some might require buying additional accessories as well, so make sure you read through the whole listing on the website to check for any missing essential parts. Our verdict regarding high-pressure showerheads is: whatever your needs, you better go for a higher quality (and price) product. While this might not be the case of standard, low flow or any other kind of units, high-pressure heads have to undergo a lot of pressure on a daily basis. Plastic units just won’t do the trick for more than a couple of years, especially if you have a big family who uses the shower a lot. This kind of unit is the most prone to leak-type damage to the hose or the head itself, so you want to make sure even the screws, hose, and wall mount (if included) are very high quality.
A little conclusion to this guide: high-pressure shower heads are a very useful investment for those who struggle with a general low water pressure in their area or house. Surprisingly, not only will they not add up to the water bill, but they can even help you save money, buy running the same amount of water through a pressure chamber, or another technology which creates a stronger spray using the same amount of water. The legislation of the United States clearly states that all showerheads must follow the maximum of 2.5 GPM. If you think carefully, a high-pressure showerhead doesn’t consume more than this amount, and it truly satisfies most the people. Many manufacturers integrate a water flow restrictor into their showerheads. What happens if you try to remove the restrictor? Well, in some cases, you won’t be obeying the law anymore, and the bill for water will increase for a reason. At this point, the best choice would be to buy a high-pressure shower head. And after analyzing all the aspects, it is the most efficient, nature-friendly, and energy saving choice. If you still don’t have one, consider getting it, and, in a couple of months, you will also feel the changes on your bills. The high-pressure showerheads mentioned above are the most popular and best rated based on the feedback of different users. Our short guide should give you an insight into the potential and the availability of high-pressure showers heads on the market. You can go through their features once again, and you will certainly find something which fits your taste. Following these steps, you will surely find your perfect piece and enjoy your showers way more than before.